Cairns Connect provides an abundance of visitor information about North Queensland
Contemporary arts facility set amongst the Cairns Botanic Gardens
Holds productions ranging from local amateur shows to national and international events
Manages libraries in Cairns City, Earlville, Edmonton, Gordonvale, Manunda,Stratford, Smithfield, Mossman & Babinda
Book Cairns tours and attractions instantly through Tours To Go
Cairns Esplanade Events & Activities
- Event calendar on cairnsesplanade.com.au
- Upcoming music, arts and cultural events at the Tanks Art Centre
- Coming events at the Cairns Civic Theatre
- What's on at the Cairns Library
Now bigger and better, the new Esplanade markets get into full swing on the promenade (just by the lagoon) every Saturday between 8am — 5pm. Look for the colourful Cairns Esplanade tents.
The markets feautre only locally made arts & crafts as well as specialty clothing, and live entertainment from interesting musicians is always playing. There are also crazy street characters like the butterfly man here on the right.
If you are a local producer of interesting products, crafts or art, call the Inner City Facilities office on 07 4044 3715 to ask about having a stall at the Esplanade Markets.
Free Weekly Fitness
Active Health Clubs currently run free weekly fitness activities four days a week in and around the Esplanade Lagoon.
All activities are 1h long, and are free of charge. At 6:30am in Summer and 7:00am in Winter, participants meet their Active Team Member Instructor directly in front of the change rooms before moving into the lagoon, or elsewhere for the class.
- Monday & Friday — Aqua Aerobics: Lifeguards and a fully qualified instructor oversee the Aqua Aerobics, and can be done in most weather. During very heavy rain, the lagoon will be vacated.
- Tuesday — Yoga: Bring a towel or mat to sit on and wear comfortable clothes. Yoga can be done in all weather, as the sound shell is used during the rain.
- Wednesday — Sarge's Army Boot Camp (5:30am)
- Thursday — Pilates: Bring a towel or mat to sit on and wear comfortable clothes. Pilates can be done in all weather, as the sound shell is used during the rain.
- Saturday — Sahaja Yoga Meditation: This operates at 7:30am all year round.